Man rushed to hospital after being ‘electrocuted’ in Glasgow garden

A man was rushed to hospital after he was reportedly “electrocuted” in a Glasgow garden.

Emergency crews raced to the scene on Barlogan Avenue in the Craigton area following the incident.

It’s understood the man had been carrying out garden work on his home when he accidentally hit an electrical wire, reports the Glasgow Times.

A neighbour told the paper they were first alerted to the incident when their TV cut out before realising they couldn’t get any electricity at all.

After hearing the commotion in the street they came out to find ambulances and crowds in the street.

According to the neighbour, paramedics confirmed the man had been electrocuted but wouldn’t reveal his condition.

Top news stories today

“They confirmed it was but wouldn’t say how the guy was. It’s a bit of a shock”, they said.

The incident occurred shortly before 4pm on June 30.

Get the latest headlines sent straight to your inbox with our newsletter

Did you know you can keep up to date with the latest news by signing up to our daily newsletter?

We send a morning and lunchtime newsletter covering the latest headlines every day.

We also send coronavirus updates at 5pm on weekdays, and a round up of the week’s must-read stories on Sunday afternoons.

Signing up is simple, easy and free.

You can pop your email address into the sign up box above, hit Subscribe and we’ll do the rest.

Alternatively, you can sign up and check out the rest of our newsletters here.

A Scottish Ambulance spokesperson said: “We received a call at 3:46pm on Wednesday, June 30, to attend an incident in Cardonald.”

Daily Record – Home